Snack Time! (APPETIZERS)
Cajun Garlic Wings
* 12 whole chicken wings, cooked* (about 2 pounds)
* 2 tablespoons Cajun dry rub
* 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
* 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
* 1/2 cup Garlic Hound Cajun Original Seasoning Sauce
* 1/4 cup Sriracha sauce (Thai hot sauce)
* 2 teaspoons Cajun dry spice
1. Over medium-low heat, warm the butter, Garlic Hound Sauce & Sriracha sauce to a light simmer.
2. Put the cooked chicken wings in a large bowl, pour sauce mixture over the top of the wings and toss well. Sprinkle with Cajun dry spice. Serve with a side of blue cheese dressing.
* To cook the chicken wings, lightly coat the wings in olive oil, bake in a preheated 375 degree oven, until the wings register an internal temperature of 175 degrees. Let rest for 10 minutes.
Spiced Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
* 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained & rinsed
* 1 (4 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained & rinsed
* 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
* 1 1/2 tablespoons tahini
* 1 1/2 tablespoons Cajun Original Garlic Hound Seasoning Sauce
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
* Garnish with chopped scallions
1. In an electric blender or food processor, puree the chickpeas, red peppers, lemon juice, tahini, Garlic Hound Sauce, and cumin. Process, using long pulses, until the mixture is smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
2. Sprinkle the hummus with the chopped parsley or scallions before serving.
3. Serve with warmed pita bread cut into wedges and/or tortilla chips.